Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: What tires is everyone using for the street?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love my Yoko AVSi's. Tire Rack tests showed better performance than Dunlop SP8000.

    Plus, they're really cheap in 205-50-15. Like $89 or so.

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC, Walbro regular pressure pump, AEM cai,
    RSR headers, Greddy PE, Brembo Cross-Drill rotors,
    DC Sports Rear Strut Tower Brace (junk!), Yoko AVSi

    Greg Holden's JRSC Install Site

  2. #12
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What about the Sumitomo HTRZ's?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member pest's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2000
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tires I have owned...

    falken ziek... decent dry grip... ok rain grip

    toyo proxes fz4... decent dry grip...death in the rain!! my slicks have better traction!

    nitto 450's... I just plain didnt like these tires... period

    bf goodrich... decent dry grip... bad wet grip.

    I am going to try some kumho street tires next or some yokohama's. I guess I will see the outcome of this post and help it make my decision.


  4. #14
    Inactive Member gsrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have owned falkens, and they squeel like pigs. Now I have yoko a520 and love them like crazy. I have nothing but praises for them and I got them for 107.00 from discount tires in 205/45/16 v rated w/ tread wears of 160. I would definatley look into this tire.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unfortunately, the A520's don't come in 205/50-15's. Otherwise, I would have definitely gone with that. Right now, it looks like I'm leaning toward the SP8000's since they're the safe bet. Enough people have tried them and loved them.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter

  6. #16
    Inactive Member jchcinmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 1999
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have had Dunlops sp8000 before, good tires. Now I have Falken ziex 205/45/16, they're ok. My Falkens are pretty soft now, considering I had them on a 7.5 inch rim. I now have them on a 7inch rim. I believe they were stretched a bit coming from the wider rim. The steering response isn't as tight as before. I guess I'll just ride them out til I need new ones.

    ------------------
    Romans 5:1,John 3:16
    96 red GSR w/mods..like a JRSC

  7. #17
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kumho what? I haven't heard of these. Where can I go to find out more info?

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter

  8. #18
    Inactive Member AllMotor+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2000
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I ran 205/40/17 Nitto 450 about a year ago, thought they were ok, but now that I'm running TOYO T1-S tires, I know how much the nittos sucked.

    I've had the Dunlop sp8000, and they were excellent as well.

    TOYO T1-S's kick ass on the dry and are excellent in the rainy Seattle weather too (the price is worth it, you get what you pay for).

    just my 2 cents

    ------------------
    Much love to the imports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •